Welcome to The Outdoor Adventure Company
Trips with The Outdoor Adventure Company respectfully leave the well-trodden tourist path creating
opportunities for meaningful experiences and learning along the way. Our mandate is to provide an exceptional and safe outdoor wilderness adventure experience that will not soon be forgotten.
All of our guides and instructors are seasoned, mature, highly skilled, experienced and certified professionals with an enthusiastic love for outdoor adventure activities and many years of experience leading groups in wilderness activities.
You can expect friendly and helpful professional guides that will be happy to share their vast knowledge of wilderness tripping techniques with you including:
- Proper and efficient paddling and boat handling techniques.
- Safe and efficient ways of portaging the canoe.
- Wilderness travel and camping techniques.
- Basic map reading, compass and navigational skills.
- How to pick and set up a good campsite for time of year, weather conditions, and group size.
- Water purification techniques.
- Menu planning and how to prepare and store food for wilderness travel.
- Wilderness cooking and baking techniques.
- What is the best gear for canoe packs or kayak packs, tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, stoves and cookware, tarps, saws and lighting.
- What makes the best outdoor adventure clothing and rain gear, how to stay warm, dry and comfortable as well as some of the best values in these areas.